After Breakfast from your hotel in Nairobi, the guide will pick you up and come to the office for the briefing around 8.00 am depart Nairobi to Nanyuki, which will take 4hrs drive, arriving at 12.00 noon at Nanyuki then proceed to Mt Kenya National Park Sirimon gate, After lunch, follow the track uphill for 10 km, forking left at the junction to reach Old Moses camp which is situated at 3,300m. The ascent from Sirimon gate to Old Moses is 690m Dinner and overnight.
Wake up early morning and ascend from old Moses to the west side of the Valley, over a ridge, then down into the Mackinders Valley to meet the direct route, taking two hours. From here, follow the Mackinders Valley to reach Shipton camp, a total of 8 hours from Old Moses to Shipton’s camp at 4,200m. Dinner and overnight.
Wake up early morning around 2.30 at night, have a small snack, then leave at 3.00 to the summit which normally takes 3 hours, this section is rocky and frozen scree. Continue walking until you get to point Lenana 4,985 meters at 6.30 in the morning for the sunrise. Then descend down to Shipton’s camp for breakfast then after breakfast walk down to Old Moses for 5 hrs, dinner, and overnight.
After early morning breakfast, continue walking down through the bamboo and indigenous forest to reach Sirimon gate where you will get the vehicle to drive back to Nairobi.
- Shared Transfer to and from the base of the mountain
- Full board accommodation whilst on the trek Breakfast, Lunch and D=Dinner
- Accommodations in huts as per the itinerary
- All park entrance fees to include government taxes
- Service of an English speaking professional guide, porters, and skilled cook
- Start and finish Nairobi
- Treated water on the trek.
- On completion, successful climb Certificate
- Poter and cook
- Laundry, sleeping bags, beverages/drinks, and climbing gears
- Tips to your guide, porter, and cook
- Visas to Kenya
- Items of personal nature